Monday, September 29, 2008

So We Are Slackin!

OK- I haven't been as good as I should be with updates. Jake pointed out something to me the other day. I have noticed that my vision seems to be getting worse, if that is possible. Everyday, I notice I can't see as well as I could a couple weeks ago. Then Jake said, "your pregnant!" I forgot about that! My vision becomes much worse when I'm pregnant. So my excuse for not updating as often as I should is I just can't see and contact solution is VERY expensive out here. I am rationing my supplies, no joke! Also, I am lazy and don't like to wear them. I will try to be better and maybe put my contacts in more often!

Jake is home, they did really well. He wasn't able to play in any of the games due to his little shoulder sprain! He is getting released by the Dr. on Wednesday and will be playing in their first official game of the season on Saturday. They had 3 games over last weekend. Fridays game they blew them out by 35. Saturdays game they won by 26 but unfortunately lost on Sunday by 5 points. They took second place in the tournament so that was good.

Here are just a couple of pictures Jake took while in Lisbon.


This is the same statue of Christ (Christ Rei, don't know what that translates to) that is in Rio De Janeiro. It stands 100 meters tall, approximately 328 feet. Jake said it was huge and is much smaller than the actual statue in Brazil. Guess we will have to go see it one day.


He called this the Golden Gate Bridge since they look similar.



OK- now to show off Mr. Nikko. Now that he has mastered climbing onto the couch, he LOVES to just chill. I turn on Portuguese cartoons for him and he is set.


He is also finding new places to explore. Like the basket in his stroller. He was THRILLED when he first climbed in but only seconds later did he realize he couldn't get out. He wasn't so happy about that! Hopefully you can see the angry expression.


Here is one of his new toys. We paid 40 Euros. What does that convert to? $57.00. No, it has no amazing features, just a simple walker with flashing lights and a couple of jingles. We miss Walmart more than we ever have.


I will NOT cut this hair! I am going to let it grow out until we are home in the States. We did get scissors to trim up around his ears since it's getting pretty nasty. That is not a zit on his cheek. Read below for an explanation.



Check out his war wounds. Those suckers are mosquito bites. You can't even see all of them. They are horrible. We have tried everything. My mom is sending us a mosquito net to drape over his crib and hopefully that will work. They look like burns but I promise they didn't bother him too much. They look terrible the first day and then start to get better. Of course the ones he got from our first week here are still healing but we are happy they are starting to go away!



While I was loading the pictures above, I found some of my favorite old photos!



December 27, 2006. SLC Temple, a very special day for us.



PCC, Hawaii. I really do miss those days. I also have no idea where that purse went. I loved that thing!


Another one of those "Where did that go?" moment. The backpack Jake is wearing was the best backpack ever! Where did it go? I will tell you. Some moron stole if from his locker at BYUH. That was a terrible day, it had a lot of Jake's books and school stuff in it. Shame on that person. I love all these pictures, we look so young and they are all pre-baby body days! I have to say, it's worth it.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Love the update! I forgot to tell you that Flat Stanley is on his way. He should be there late next week or so. Let me know when you get him and thanks for hosting him in Portugal!

Becca said...

You guys look great! Poor Nikko and the mosquito bites! Are you covered too? I hope you pregnancy is going well.

The Kraus House said...

Man I miss ya. I had no clue you were prego, what a woman!!! I love you be safe.

love nat

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad mom is on her way to you guys!!! That will be a blast! I miss you two....but mostly little Nikko!! All I want to do is hold him and make him smile his bashful smile!! Love you guys. Be safe. Love Ange