Monday, September 15, 2008

Going To The Pool???????????

The three of us went with some of Jakes teammates to what they call a beach.  It is so funny to me.  This island has no sandy beaches.  You can either go to a rocky beach or a "beach" like this one.  It had 3 pools.  1 for kids, the one below and then the big concrete pool filled with ocean water.  They also have a high dive into the ocean and a big square floatie out in the middle of the water to swim to.  They have these all over the island.


This is one of the actual pools.

This is Jason and Danielle.   Jason is from Alabama and Danielle is from NY.  They are both super kind and we enjoy hanging out with them.  Jason plays with Jake and Danielle plays for the women's team. 

Here is a picture of the square floatie.  It's a pretty good swim and it was kind of rough waters.  

Big Jake and Jason flexing.  Check out the little boy in the spedo.  I think his dad was wearing one too.  What did we miss the most while we were away from  Europe?  The wonderful spedo.

Our little man watching his dad and eating a fry.  

BIG BOY!

This was kind of crazy.  It is just a massive pool that fills up with ocean water.  


Saturday night was Jason's birthday so we all went over for a nice BBQ.  Jake and Boby, the other American, just grillin up tons of meat.  The BBQ later fell apart and nearly burned Bobby but he's quick.  No burns!

Me and my man.  My OTHER man!  He is starting to look and remind me of Jake so much.  I should start calling him little Jake.


Two handsome boys!  Jake left all of his church clothes at home so he had to wear jeans.  I told him he wasn't going to be the only one in jeans.  I was right.  He fit right in.  

2 comments:

Hayley Anderson Photography said...

It looks like you guys are going on a 9 month vacation! What a cool place to live! I was seriously thinking of flying out there until I looked up the price for tickets... I guess it would be my only expense besides food, but I'm not sure I can fork out a grand right now...

How's the little baby bump coming along? You need to post a profile pic so we can see it.

I'm going to get an imac account soon so we can ichat. I'll email you as soon as it's set up.

Have fun out there! Love ya!

Becca said...

Emy! I love that you are so good at updating and sending such awesmoe photos. How is Nikko doing with the time change? Hopefully all adjusted now? How are you feeling? We are thinking about you guys...